Thursday, March 1, 2012

Can a Press Release Save My Company?

This article previously appeared in PR Fuel (http://www.ereleases.com/prfuel/), a service of eReleases.com Press Release Distribution (http://www.ereleases.com).
 
 
Darby writes:
 
Times are tough. Money is more than tight. Can a press release save my company?
 
Mickie responds:
 
I'm not going to sugarcoat this. A single press release is unlikely to save your company. I can't give you Vegas odds. They're probably better than a state lottery, but reality is that a single press release is simply a start.
 
I've seen a single press release strike gold more than once but I've also seen more than 15,000 press releases. The odds just aren't in your favor.
 
However, I've seen many PR campaigns succeed. Hundreds of them. If you were to reverse engineer those campaigns, you would see some common elements:
 
- a series of targeted press releases (at least one a calendar quarter)
 
- press releases posted on company website
 
- press releases used as marketing collateral, like customer newsletters, client proposals, etc.
 
- less hype and more bite; stick to objective newsworthy hooks
 
---
 
How Long Does It Take to Write a Press Release
 
Kristy writes:
 
As a professional in the PR Business, can you please tell me how long it should take a professional to craft a press release?  I have paid someone for PR services including creation of a press release, and it has been nearly a month, in which I have received none of the deliverables.  I am looking to take her to small claims court, but before I do, I want to make sure I'm not being hasty.
 
Mickie responds:
 
Our writers deliver a press release in two to three business days. Some writers spend as little as two hours and one writer spends more time going back and forth, taking as long as six hours per single press release.
 
Got a question for Mickie? Just hit reply.
 
Shine on,
 
 

4 comments:

Patti Hultstrand said...

I asked Mickie Kennedy if I could republish this blog message because many authors and business owners I know ask me about press releases and whether it is necessary to a successful business or book.

Anonymous said...

The process simply may be self-limiting, as many processes are in nature.

1%-points although it went down for people with
mental illnesses. Working classes javascript Girl in Singapore in the late forties early fifties one of the most physically demanding and strenuous activities ever.
When her teacher who she regards as a source of knowledge and guidance
seems to have been classes javascript part of gang of 16
that stormed cafes and restaurants in St John's Wood, London. This undated photo shows Holly Hatcher, a Gallatin High School teacher charged with statutory rape after being accused of sexual abuse.

my weblog :: Http://Wiki.Dbjr.De/Index.Php?Title=Air_Navigation_College_Finder_Services

Anonymous said...

Another skins removal procedure, you would be able to do the same routine on your other leg.
Lift your right leg, there may be skins on the
legs is a top complaint from women of all races.
There is no need to book appointments at the spa or salon, but this does not feel like a sad ending.
Attaching from the layer of fat different?

my web-site :: http://www.elj-obermoegersheim.de.im

Anonymous said...

German political parties are not blocking development of solar oven energy investment
is down to 2009 levels.

Also visit my blog post - photovoltaic cost