Monday, February 6, 2012

Grab that Bull by the...er...horns! with Andrea DiGiglio


Finding Alice by Andrea DiGiglio

Genre – YA Paranormal Crossover
Formats – Ebook and Print
Publisher – CreateSpace
Release Date – February 19

 
Alice is cursed with an intense version of empathy; she runs from a wasted life to start a new one somewhere no one will know her, Hell, Michigan. Alice works at a hole-in-the-wall bar in the middle of nowhere mostly keeping to herself to avoid the overwhelming emotions of those around her. Alice allows her best friend to convince her into taking a few college classes without realizing it would drastically change her life forever. From her first day of class she was hooked on him; his scent, his eyes, the way he talked to her inside her head.

Throughout her struggles she learns about true love, true pain and the truth of her own heritage. Alice must quickly find out who she is because after all everyone else is out to find her. With Angels and Bounty Hunter’s in constant pursuit she finds protection within a group of Fallen Angels. These Fallen Angels vow to do anything to protect her; for it is their belief she will save their kind and all of mankind.

Author's Spotlight Article:

Grab that bull by the…er… horns!
with Andrea DiGiglio

            First I just wanted to say thank you to my lovely host Patti for allowing me to guest post! Alright let’s jump on in, shall we?
 The world is a big scary place isn’t it? NO WAY! One thing I have learned through my journey is to be confident in what you do and love what you do. If you want to achieve your goals and dreams you must continue on through the good and bad, sickness and in health (ugh…I’m not talking about marriage unless that is your dream!) Anyway my point is no one will make things happen for you. There will always people who do not like your product. Just remember they have that right, you don’t like everything in the world do you? Keep your focus and chase the dreams down as if you were in a Ferrari and they were on foot. Just don’t run them down. *ouch*
Personally I am trying to following these same guidelines but sometimes it is often difficult. What I have learned is the more research I do and the harder I push myself the closer I become to achieving my dream of being a professional author. Would I love a literary agent and publisher, sure! For now that is not in the cards for me and I am perfectly content with being a self published author. Tired but content. Truth be told the industry is wide open for self-published authors especially with the ebook formats and the on demand book printing. We have such incredible options; all you have to do is your research to make sure you choose correctly.
When I first wrote Finding Alice, I wrote it for me. After sharing it with a few trusted souls they encouraged me to pursue publishing it. I was terrified, “what if everyone hates it?” They just glared at me as if I was stupid for even thinking it. I have always longed for two things one of them was to be a writer. I have been writing for so long I don’t remember exactly when I started but it has become part of me and now I can’t seem to stop! I will continue to write and push myself forward and hopefully you all find your dreams and push for them too.

Thank you so much!
Andrea DiGiglio
Ps. The “other” thing I have always longed for, got to my website to find out what it is. www.andreadigiglio.com


EXCERPT # 1 FINDING ALICE

I moved from town to town for a short while, working random jobs just to pay for my next move, until I found a place that felt like home. It was a really odd feeling for me, never having felt that before, but this place just drew me in like a magnet. This, for most people, would seem like lunacy. No sane person chooses Michigan.
I found a hole-in-the-wall bar just outside of Hell, Michigan, and convinced the owner to hire me. By “convince,” I mean I played him in a game of pool for it. He was actually pretty good—must come from owning your own bar—but I hustled him. I’ve been working there for over a year now. I spend most of my day reading or drawing, and sometimes I work extra shifts just to pass the time.
 This is where I met Camille. She was absolutely stunning to look at. She had brown hair with highlights that looked golden and her skin was pale but flawless. Her legs looked longer than they were due to her overly short shorts and the tower of heels she wore. She definitely didn’t belong in a bar like this but just the same, she loved it here. She went to a community college and came here to get away. She says she works better with a few drinks in her. Somehow she convinced me that I should go back to school, that I was too antisocial and needed to get out of this town every once in a while to mingle with real people, or something like that. I used to just laugh at her, but I began deeply considering it.
We became friends, almost like sisters after this really bad bar fight a few months back. An overly large biker came and challenged one of our regular drunks to a game of pool. I’m assuming it was for a decent chunk of change, because when he lost to Jake, he almost killed him. There I was minding my own business at the bar when this giant ass of man pulled out a pistol. Camille flew out of her seat, attempting to run toward the door, but this guy shifted his aim at her, stopping her dead in her tracks. Jake just stood there blank, refusing to give in to him, pushing Camille behind him protectively. I heard the click as the biker readied his gun. Next thing I knew, I was standing next to him with his gun in my hand, pressed against his cheek.
 “How about you get your fat ass out of my bar?” I barely recognized my cold voice leaving my lips.
Everyone stood in shock, but it was Camille’s face I noticed. I watched her eyes busily recalculating the last few seconds. I felt all the other patrons watch in terror. He spit on the floor, threw his hands up and left. Jake let out a sigh of relief and hugged me, flashing one of those “Way to make me feel like a pussy” grins. I pushed away from the hug quickly and noticed Camille leaning toward a single black feather on the ground. I snatched it up and stuffed it into my pocket. I watched for her reaction but she didn’t even notice.
 The most amazing thing was Camille never asked me how I got there so quickly, how I grabbed the gun without anyone seeing me actually do it. That is why we are such good friends. Well, that and she is so rational, I don’t have to deal with her emotions overloading my mind. I couldn’t explain it to her even if I wanted to. I couldn’t even explain it to myself.


AUTHOR BIO:
 
Andrea was born and raised in Michigan, she still resided there with her son. Andrea has always been a writer at heart. Over the last decade she has written, starred and directed in many screenplays. She recently in the last few years decided to venture in writing novels. She hasn’t looked back since, giving
it her full attention. She is very excited to share the wonderful words she creates, with the world.



 

3 comments:

BK said...

Thank you for hosting Andrea today :)

Patti Hultstrand said...

Thanks BK for the opportunity.

Ok everyone. I know it's Monday, but this book is of interest to quite a few of you. Check out "Finding Alice" by Andrea DiGiglio and see why I think anyone who reads speculative fiction will love this book and writer.

Andrea DiGiglio said...

Thank you so much Patti for letting me guest post!