Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's that time of the year again -- NaNo Month

I have decided this weekend, that I would take part in this year's NaNoWriMo Writing Month. 50,000 words of my own, have never looked sweeter. Anyone game -- want to write with me?
Here is what I will be working on this month:
Set of smaller Non-fiction books for writers. The first one I started this morning is titled, Common Sense Guide to Media Kits for Authors.
Here is the first taste for anyone who wants to know:
To be successful at promoting ones writing, you must understand a single truth to the human condition; people are inheritably lazy. Especially when you haven't paid them extra to make any further effort on their part. If you don't make it as easy as possible to publicize you or promote your work, you will have less success in dealings with radio, print, television or any media, really.

In my dealings with authors and publicists through my Blog Talk Radio station, KWOD, and in my capacity as the new Managing Editor of ConNotations NewsZine, a speculative fiction fan convention newspaper, I have witnessed a total lack of understanding what a media kit is and what components are needed to be included. Even in my capacity as the host blog site for nearly a hundred authors, showcasing their works, I have seen the need for an organized media kit. It is undoubtedly, the single most important tool in your arsenal, if it is organized well and you have this information easily accessible in paper format, as well as digital files for emailing easily, and don't forget to lay in a separate tab for your media kit on your author's website.

FOR MY SANITY AND HAPPINESS:

Along with these non-fiction books, I have to write some fiction in order to appease the real muse in me and keep me sane and happy. So, in this spirit of things, I will also be working on my Paranormal Western serial, with Episode 1 of Resurrection at Salvation Springs. So, here is the synopsis for this story, for which I already have a cover designed in order to fuel my incentive:

Resurrection at Salvation Springs is a paranormal western serial, about an unusual sheriff near Carson City, Nevada in 1896. Max Strand must fight many nasty creatures around the turn of the century, but had never considered how bad it could get, when he finds the town infested with.... zombies?  Yes, zombies; and where there are zombies, who knows what else Max will find during this time in American history, when the west was won.

HAPPY WRITING EVERYONE!! I have 361 words done so far today -- what have you written today?

No comments: