Thursday, October 21, 2010

Julie Wise: Author Supporting Authors Virtual Book Tour

Title:  Dream Bigger:  Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease
by Julie Wise
Publisher:  iUniverse

Synopsis: When life's challenges get you down, and you feel like giving up on your heartfelt desires, it's not time to quit. It's time to dream even bigger! This book is filled with inspiring true stories, simple tools and exercises, and plenty of motivation. Learn how to re-chart your course and bring more joy and ease into your life as you pursue your dreams.

From Inside the Book:
Most people have a dream. For some, it’s something they’ve wanted since childhood but have never told a soul. For others, it may be something they tried once, and it didn’t work out so they gave up on it. Perhaps you have a dream that you keep dismissing because it seems risky or impractical. Our dreams make difficult times more bearable. They also bring joy into our lives, and inspire those around us. However, it takes more than a good imagination to make those dreams come true. It’s also about taking action and staying motivated. First, you need a clear idea of what you want. If you’re not sure, spend some time remembering your childhood and what you imagined you’d do with your life. The seeds to your dream are often found there. Once you know what your dream is, get to know it in detail. What does it feel like to be there? Who are you with, how are you dressed, what’s happening around you? Get familiar with it so that it’s easy to connect to that feeling whenever you need motivation. What’s stopping you from having that in your life right now? Make a list of any challenges or obstacles. The list is intended to give you ideas for actions, not to discourage you from moving forward, so don’t get too bogged down by it. Now take a look at the items on your list. What skills and resources do you have to meet those challenges? Who else can you call on for additional assistance? Talk to supportive friends and family members about your dream and see what ideas they have to help you move forward.
Take all of these ideas and resources and put them together into an action plan. This is a list of the steps you can take to make your dream a reality. Every day, check your list and pick one action you can take. Each time you take a step, celebrate, knowing that you’re that much closer to the life of your dreams.

Five Steps to Your Dream

1. Identify your dream
2. Make a list of your challenges
3. Develop a list of skills and resources
to meet those challenges
4. Create an action plan
5. Take one action each day toward
the life of your dreams

The ABC’s of Making Your Dreams Come True
by Julie Wise, Life and Relationship Coach and 

Author of Dream Bigger: Reclaiming A Life of Joy and Ease (available online at Amazon)

     What dream do you have for your life?  If you’re like most people, it’s something you think wistfully, but you’d never dare do it because it’s not “practical” or “realistic”.  We’re trained from a young age to make solid sensible choices so that our lives will be secure and stable.  While there’s a lot of sense in sensibility, it’s not a lot of fun, is it?
     When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a writer.  I used to write down stories and poems and staple or glue the pages into a “book”.  I’d add a cover with a title and my name proudly scrawled at the bottom.  My father owned a bookstore and I dreamed of having one of my books on the store shelf.
     However, as I grew up, I read stories of lonely writers starving in icy attics (usually in Paris, France or somewhere equally romantic) and decided I needed to find a more practical career.
I became a translator.  I thought that was a pretty good compromise.  After all, I was still working with words, right?  It was mentally stimulating, but it lacked the creativity that used to make my heart sing and dance.
     Then I was offered a job as the editor of my community newspaper.  Finally, I was living my dream (or so I thought).  I soon realized that although I was writing for a living, I was writing other people’s stories while my own languished deep inside my soul.
     I began to dabble again writing some poetry and short stories, but not showing them to anyone.  I even took some creative writing courses. One day I noticed that every time I went into a bookstore, I would spend hours in the travel writing section.  An idea began to take shape – maybe I could combine my love of travel with my desire to write.  So I sat down to write about a trip I’d taken to Costa Rica.  It quickly morphed into a fictional memoir.  I finished the draft, put it on a shelf, and …  got on with other things.
     The dream wouldn’t die though.  Last December, I started writing about a recent trip to Ireland.  Suddenly the ideas for Dream Bigger: Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease came to me and wouldn’t go away.  That book has now been published.  My childhood dream has come true, many years after it first emerged.  
     That’s one of the cool things about dreams.  They never give up on us, even when we give up on them.
     So what can you do about your dream? Follow these basic ABC’s.
A. Acknowledge the dream. For starters, pick something simple that you’d like to bring into your life. It could be meeting a friend for coffee, going to see a film, getting out on your bike, or just curling up with a good book for an hour.  It doesn’t have to break the bank or turn your world upside-down.
B. Be resourceful. Make a list of what you need to put in place in order to achieve your dream. Do you need outside support or resources?  Where can you get that? What obstacles are in your way?  What can you do to resolve them?
C. Create an action plan from your list with clear simple steps.  And then, just do it!  One step at a time, knowing that each step whether big or little, takes you closer to your dream.
     To boost your motivation, check out the “Dream Bigger Reinvention Challenge” at http://www.dreambiggercontest.com and find out how people across North America are reinventing themselves and their lives.  Join the movement to dream bigger and win prizes to make your dream a reality!

Wise's goal is to help 100,000 people dream bigger. To do this, and to celebrate the release of Dream BIGGER: Reclaiming a Life of Joy and Ease, she invites the public to share their life dream in an online challenge. The 60-day "Dream BIGGER Reinvention Challenge" runs from October 1 to November 29, 2010 and offers contestants the chance to post a video about their dream, get votes and become eligible for an amazing grand prize. "By sharing our dreams, we'll inspire each other to ever greater heights," she explains. Go to http://www.dreambiggercontest.com and enter today!

Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Dream-BIGGER-Reclaiming-Life-Ease/dp/1450253180/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1285424479&sr=1-1

Websites: http://www.juliewiseconsulting.com
(Book Blog) http://www.wise1coaching.wordpress.com

Banner: img style="visibility:hidden;width:0px;height:0px;" border=0 width=0 height=0 src="http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyODU2MDI4NjkyOTAmcHQ9MTI4NTYwMjg3MjczOCZwPTQ1NTkzMiZkPSZnPTEmbz1lNjNmODdiZjUzN2I*ZGFiYTQz/ZTJjNzgyYjRhZjdhZCZvZj*w.gif" />

No comments: