Thursday, June 10, 2010

Trish Silver: Authors Supporting Authors Tour Stop

Book Info: When I Remember Love is my first book.  It is a contemporary romance novel about a rock superstar, Aidan, who realized fame by winning an American Idol type of television reality competition.  He falls in love at first sight with the beautiful Jenna and together they navigate through the rocky road fame presented them.  You can learn all about it on my website: http://trishsilver.com.  It can be purchased on my site, Amazon.com, and BarnesandNoble.com, and SmashWords.com.  There is a Kindle version.

I have a lot of really good book promotion ideas on my site.  Here is one of them that I thought I would talk about today.   There is a site that converts books into e-books then sells them on the site.  They give the authors 80% of the royalties.  But that is not all, they also have a premium catalog that goes all over the world to the biggest book sellers.  They just signed a contract with Apple for the IPAD.  They also convert to Sony, kindle etc.  The author gets 65% of the royalties when they are sold from the catalog.

All the above is free to the author. However, in order to be accepted by the premium catalog, your book must be formatted perfectly.  They will only accept word files.  They have a free style guide for the author's to download and follow.  It is a lot of work.  I am lucky that I have a virtual assistant, Janis Friesler that did the formatting for me. She will do it for others too.  I think this is an ideal situation for an author that wants to revive some books that they have written in the recent past.

Thanks for having me as a guest on your blog,

Trish Silver
Author of When I Remember Love

Bio: I was born and raised in Whitefish Bay, WI.   I went to college at the University of Cincinnati.  I moved to Los Angeles in the turbulent 1960's and met my husband Ed.  We have been happily married for 41 years and have two sons, Matthew and David.  We also have two grandchildren, Jack and Sarah.

1 comment:

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

Welcome Trish to Changing Face of Publishing blog tour stop. This has been added to my Facebook RSS feed automatically so people may read there also.

Have fun and thanks for stopping by today.

Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC