Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Az Publishing Author Feature #9: Charles Burgess

When did you first realize you wanted to write?
I think around the age of sixteen when I first complete my first manuscript titled Time out for justice.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in writing your book(s)?  
That I could actually put a story together that made a person want to read it from beginning to end.

What do you think makes a compelling story?
Being descriptive and not dragging on and on, but being able to give the story a nice length and keep the readers attention.

Where did you get the idea for your story for Bee-Wildered and Don’t Say you do if you Don’t?
Bee-Wildered actually just came to me while driving down the street one day, Don’t say you do if you don’t, was a little different, I had went through many changes in my life and from a mans point a view I wanted to show some of the ways we get caught up trying to spread ourselves out and not take care of home, and the true love that is by our side.

What is the hardest part of writing?
I still haven’t figured out what the hardest part of writing is yet, since im still fairly fresh with only three titles in print and many more to come, I haven’t found it difficult to toggle between one story to the next…not yet

If you could have one wish, what would it be?
To have a story told in a book that the whole world love’s it becomes a classic or maybe even a movie.

What author(s) have had an impact on your writing? 
I have many favorites from all generes…walter mosley, nelson demille, Sidney Sheldon, zane, Jackie Collins, Donald goines….to many to name

What are you working on next?
My next book is complete it’s the first of a series titled The Ghetto Soprano’s which will be my first hardcore Urban street piece, hopefully I can extend this out seven books and keep the readers excited

No comments: