Sunday, April 11, 2010

Virtual Blog Tour #3 - Margaret West

Margaret West
Author of  "Heart of a Warrior"


Excerpt 4
Yuma’s eyed widened in disbelief. This little hellcat needed a good
smacked backside. If she were his wife….he stopped the thought instantly.
When he took a wife she would be Navajo and give him the respect due to his
status. You need a good slap on that belligerent backside of yours,” he
replied.

“Well, you can try it. If you think you’re tough enough,” Belinda
goaded.

Niyol stepped between the warring pair. Speaking in Navajo, she
placed a restraining hand on Yuma’s arm. “Brother, you won’t win with
this battle. Ayiana is more than a match for your bad temper.”

“Ayiana?” he repeated in confusion. “Who gave her a Navajo name?
No one’s asked my permission, there’s been no naming ceremony. She’s
not earned the right…”

“In my eyes she’s more than earned the right,” Niyol snapped.

“Imagine what could’ve happened to your niece without her sacrifice.”

“Anyway, you call her Little Tornado,” Aponi argued.

Yuma sighed, aware he was greatly outnumbered by the women of
this house. The nickname he had used for Belinda had been a passing
comment, made up on the spur of the moment. Not carefully thought
out, and of Navajo origin. He saw the condemning look in his Kai’s eyes.
She had warned him Belinda was trouble. Now she was in his mother’s
house and dressed up as one of them. She must be furious.

“What I say and do is none of your concern, Aponi. Remember that.
I’ll leave you to this fiery one and wish you luck.” Ignoring Belinda
completely, Yuma opened the front door. As he walked through he felt a
pair of angry hazel eyes burning into his back. Belinda was angrier than
a hungry bear. Maybe now she would stop trying to fit in with them and

NEXT TOUR STOPS FOR MARGARET:
www.hedge-witchery.com
April 13th - Tomorrow

Cate Masters
April 19th

11 comments:

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

Say "Hello" Margaret.
Be sure to tell everyone you are here. Also, I hope I got your next stop on the 19th correct. Let me know if I missed the date.

Have fun,
Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC

Margaret West said...

Hi Patti
It is lovely to be here.
I'm with www.hedge-witchery.com on April 13th, then I move onto Cate on the 19th. No rest for the wicked! LOL I'll be popping in and out throughout the evening. So anyone can feel free to ask any questions about me or the book.

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

Awww - I hadn't seen that entry. I will just add that info. Thanks.

Author Mary C said...

What an intriguing excerpt. THE HEART OF A WARRIOR sounds like an intriguing read.

Cate Masters said...

Great excerpt Mary! See you on the 19th! :)

A. said...

Intriguing excerpt, very lively, I enjoyed it. Hope you get lots of comments!
A. Lightbourne- Author of Space Trippers
http://alightbourne.netau.net/

Margaret West said...

It's so nice to see you all. I'll pop back later incase there are any questions.

BK said...

I love the excerpt! I think those are what I enjoy the most. Seeing your writing first hand. Kudos!

Lorrie said...

Another great excerpt, Margaret.
I wish you so much luck with the novel. Sounds like a winner to me.

Kelly A. Harmon said...

Hi Margaret

Poor Yuma! Just how many women are there in his household? This sounds like a fun read!

Anonymous said...

Странно, искал совсем не это, гугл выдал Ваш сайт, и судя по всему не зря, есть что почитать! Goodwork!