Sunday, April 25, 2010

Authors Supporting Authors Blog Tour #6 James C. Wallace II

James C. Wallace II
Royal Liaison to Princess Ozma

Amazon.com link
http://www.amazon.com/Magician-Oz-James-C-Wallace/dp/0578023539/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246224375&sr=8-1

Royal Magician of Oz Trilogy



Volume 1: Magician of Oz:

Life in Indiana was quite the adventure for young Jamie Diggs and his parents.
After a tumultuous move from Kansas, Jamie explores the covered bridges, forests and cemeteries of rural Indiana where he discovers the ways of the Hoosiers.

When his parents bring up an old humpback trunk from their basement, Jamie discovers his magical heritage lurking inside.

Jamie learns the ways of magic from a local magic club, meets Tree-In-The-Road, gathers Morel mushrooms for his mother's legendary potato soup and discovers his great grandfather, the original Wizard of Oz's sentry stone.

He soon finds himself transported to the Land of Oz where he must face the wrath of the Fighting Trees who have grown bitter after their defeat at the hands of the Tin Woodman so long ago.

In this compelling tale of fantasy and adventure in the Land of Oz, the young magician discovers new friends along the way, conquers his fears and battles the oncoming wave of trees and mushrooms alongside Dorothy and Toto.

Volume 2: Shadow Demon of Oz
(due out in May 2010)

It was in the early month of Spring when the old humpback trunk of O.Z. Diggs, the original Wizard of Oz was opened by his great grandson, Jamie Diggs, revealing a magical heritage lurking within.
Following in the footsteps of his great grandfather, a young boy named Jamie pursued the ways of magic and soon found himself transported to the magical Land of Oz where, alongside Dorothy, he faced his greatest fears and the fearsome Army of Trees in defense of the Tin Woodman.
Now the young magician is called to return to the Land of Oz to take his place as the new Royal Magician of Princess Ozma; Ruler and Sovereign of Oz.
And for his first Royal Command, Princess Ozma sends her Royal Magician and his best friend Buddy off to battle the Evil Shadow Demon and save the Hyups of Mount Munch.

Bio:

James C. Wallace II, originally a native of West Virginia, currently lives in Terre Haute, Indiana with his wife Amanda. They have been married more than 26 years, with a herd of 5 children and 12 grandchildren. His background covers nearly 26 years in children's education, including experience working for the world's largest children's museum; The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, where he was the Planetarium Educator for SpaceQuest Planetarium. In addition to children's books about Oz, he is recognized by NASA as a leading developer of web-based educational games, educational exhibit design, curriculum development and implementation. In addition, he is involved in the DiscoverHover program, which is an educational program developing and utilizing hovercraft in a unique and fun way. He now serves as the Royal Liaison to Princess Ozma, Sovereign Ruler of Oz and endeavors to fulfill her royal command to tell the tale of her newest Royal Magician to the children of the Great Outside.

Why I Write!
By James C. Wallace II


I do not write inside the box
I do not write about a fox
I do not write of things gone by
I do not write of what or why
I do not write and yet I see
That by my words what is will be

I do not write to keep me sane
I do not write of window panes
I do not write despite the need
I do not write to fulfill greed
I do not write for I can tell
That when I do seems all is well

I do not write when times are bad
I do not write when times are sad
I do not write when times are tough
I do not write when life is rough
I do not write and yet it seems
That all around the vision gleams

I do not write of empty thoughts
I do not write of pale dreadnoughts
I do not write else lame I’ll be
I do not write, perhaps you’ll see
I do not write like Dr. Seuss
And yet it looks and feels chartreuse

I do not write of Dorothy’s plight
I do not write of wicked nights
I do not write to free the mind
I do not write of souls unkind
I do not write the visions of Oz
And yet I do… But why… Because!

Thank you James for visiting with us today.
Visitors are asked to make comments or ask questions about James and his work.

2 comments:

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

Say "Hello" James. I will be checking in on your a few times on Monday. Have fun and be sure to promote this blog page for people to visit.

Go ahead and include the place you will be going to next on your blog tour so everyone will know.

Thanks,
Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC

BK said...

Love the Dr. Seuss effect...was great!