Saturday, April 10, 2010

Author Interview for Maybe God has a Better Idea

AUTHOR INTERVIEW: With Robb

> When did you first realize you wanted to write?

I never really considered myself a writer. I was a professional
children's magician/ entertainer for many years and used to write the
scripts for the shows I presented. I also did a children's literature
writing course along the way but never really intended to publish anything.
Writing Maybe God Has a Better Idea was different. I felt led or even
compelled to write the book. I felt a need to write down the lessons I had
learned while in sobriety with the hope that maybe others could benefit from
what I had experienced.

>
> How long did it take you to write your book?

I started writing the essays in the summer of 2007 and most were written
over the next year or so. It wasn't until early 2010 though that the time
seemed write to go ahead and publish them.


>
> What would you say is your most interesting writing habit?

I don't know if I have any interesting writing habits! If I get an idea
about an article/ essay or feel inspired about something I usually just sit
down quietly at the keyboard and wait to see what I am supposed to write.
Usually what I am supposed to write just flows out without any thought on my
part.


>
> What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your
> book?

I learned that I could do it! And I learned a lot about myself while
writing it. The stories/ essays are all of a personal nature so I learned
more about ME while doing it - my strengths, weaknesses and who I really am.
It has been an interesting journey!

>
> How do you plan to promote your work?

Book signings, whatever! The book will depend on readers who find
something of use in the book passing it on to others . By its nature people
will have to find themselves attracted to the book and then tell others
about it.

>
> What do you think makes a compelling story?

True to life characters dealing with their own troubles and weaknesses
and yet coming out on top!

>
> Tell us, Why do you think God has a Better Idea?

Because He does! In AA and other 12-step groups we are told to let go
and let God. Let God work in and through us. Most of us have our own ideas
of what we would like to do or how we think things should be happening
around us. We tend to think (being the ego-minded people that we are) that
our ideas are the best. My experience has been that when I do fully let go
of my own ideas, desires, expectations, fears and worries and really let God
work in and through me that His ideas are so much better! Much greater
things happen than I could ever do on my own.

Writing this book wasn't really my own idea. I felt led to write it.
Then through a series of "coincidences" at the right time I was led to the
right people at Be Uplifted Publishing and AZ Publishing Services to help
make this dream a reality. I really could not have done it myself! God has
had the best ideas on how to make this happen!


>
> If you could have one wish, what would it be?

World peace! Just kidding (although that would be the best wish!) My
"wish" is to be able to go full-time as a writer and speaker; writing such
books and hopefully inspiring and helping others to succeed as much as I
can.

>
> What are you working on next?

Many of the essays for a second book of Inspirational Insights have
already been written. I expect that there will be at least several books in
this series.

READ FURTHER ON THE NEXT BLOG POST ABOUT THE BOOK ITSELF AND EXCERPTS FROM THE BOOK.

6 comments:

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

No matter what I tried the interview questions would not post to the rest of your feature. I finally gave up and made a separate post. I am going to see if I can add notes.

Patti

Anonymous said...

Thanks Patti! It looks fine anyway!

Robb

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

I am letting those on Facebook and Twitter know you are online. Let's see if we can start some dialog.

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

We had 23 visitors yesterday, besides me and you, so the message got out, just nobody left a message. I know some of my other authors visited, they just didn't say hello.
I am fixing that amount and adding your book to Amazon.

The shop had a problem with the new printer, so they should have your proofs done by tomorrow. I will be in office on Tuesday. We may need to meet in order to get the book, since Zoe is working during day. I will ask her.

Thanks for giving me your input on the look of the blog. You were right. I happen to like the brighter look.

Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC

Az Publishing Services, LLC said...

Take a look at your full article on my Examiner.com page:

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-7761-Phoenix-Books-Examiner~y2010m4d12-Arizona-author-featuring-Robb-F

Robb F said...

Thanks Patti! I too am working all day Tuesday, but we will work it out between us to pick up the proofs.

Robb