Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Book Blog Tour #1 - Aurora Lightbourne


Hello, my name is Aurora Lightbourne, I am a Sci-Fi/Fantasy writer.

I am so excited to be starting out my Virtual Book Tour on
AZ Publishing Services!

A little about me:
Currently I am working on the Space Trippers series.
I know, it's Sci-Fi and many people seem afraid of Sci-Fi books. But trust me, it is more of an adventure story with humor. In fact, most of my readers are not Sci-Fi fans. 
 
The story basically centers around 5 characters from different backgrounds that are thrown together when an unfinished ship is stolen and ends up far from home in uncharted space, after a hidden weapon activates. If you want to know more about the books and me, follow my book tour! For a schedule and story summary check out my website: http://alightbourne.netau.net/

A little sample: Lola giggled girlishly, her green eyes twinkling with delight. She was still very young and naive and loved to be admired.
"Was it you that pressed the medical call button?" Lola asked him with a cute, tempting smile and flirtatious flutter of lashes.
"No, that was me." Valesque interrupted, quickly tiring of the nauseous scene. I have an electrical charge I need to get rid of. He just has a little scratch on his hand."
Lola breathed, wide eyed at the thought as she turned her attention from the Lieutenant to the medical task at hand. "And how did you get this electrical charge?" Lola asked professionally, as she suddenly turned from young flirtatious girl to serious medical worker.
"She was hit by a taser." Sanic replied before Valesque.
"A taser?" Tim asked, confused as he remembered the bright jolt he had seen from Valesque earlier.
"Set to kill." Sanic added eagerly.
"Kill? How could she have possibly survived an electrical shock of that magnitude?" Tim returned unbelievingly.
"She's a Virrilian." Sanic replied simply and almost proudly. "They had to use the top setting to knock her out. She was out for three days!"
Tim looked to Lola for help. "He is kidding right?" he asked her.
Lola just shrugged. "I haven't gotten up to the 'V's' yet in the intergalactic encyclopedia. But it is possible."
Tim glanced from Lola to Valesque, who's naturally pale complexion looked deathly white beside Lola's healthy pink tone. "You do look awfully pale." Tim observed in concern.
Valesque sighed irritably as she got up on an exam table to prepare for her treatment. "I am a Virrilian." she said, suppressing the urge to call him an idiot. "I'm always this pale."

You can read the first half of 'Space Trippers Book 1: Trippin' ' FREE with the sample link at ebook retailers like Barnes & Noble. http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Space-Trippers-Book-1/Aurora-Lightbourne/e/2940000789650/?itm=3&USRI=space+trippers

Space Trippers is also available as a paperback containing the first 2 books through any bookstore like Barnes and Noble, Amazon or your local indies. http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=a.+lightbourne+space+trippers



Book 3 will be coming to all bookstores in paperback later this year.
Book 1-3 are also out on kindle and soon to be available through iPad and the Sony store.

During my Virtual Book Tour I will be discussing how I get my inspiration, when I first started writing, how I got published, my characters and story, what other books I am working on and more.

If you have any questions for me be sure to post them in the discussions at each stop. I would be happy to answer them. Remember if you leave a post, you get entered to win a free paperback copy of one of my Space Trippers Books and a handmade, beaded, character bookthong! 
 
Two winners will be chosen during the course of the tour!
Be sure to follow me! Let's have fun!

23 comments:

the WOD-vocate said...

I did some modifications to the posting so should be able to see all comments without my verification.

I will double check to see if you received any postings through my email and will add them for you Aurora. Otherwise, you are good to go.

Hope you get many attendees today.
I will check in later if I can.

Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC

A. said...

Thanks!

BK said...

This looks great!

the WOD-vocate said...

Now if we can get someone to say something that would be even better. I think this will be a slow start kind of project.

the WOD-vocate said...

Now if we can get someone to ask a question or leave a comment that would be even better. I think this project may show a slow start.

A. said...

Yep, it is beautiful though!

A. said...

I will be checking back all evening and I set it up to send to email too. So I am standing by to reply to people. ;o}

the WOD-vocate said...

I dropped Twitters throughout the day, Facebook notes and on several Facebook Group pages, and still nobody left a message. We did get hits though, I checked Google Analytics and we had over 30 hits yesterday. Not sure how many times you logged in, but I stayed logged in all day, so I was only 1 hit. And I know several of my authors went in and looked because they commented to me on Facebook or by email.

Think we will get better traffic once the idea takes hold. Sorry, we didn't have any luck with your tour Aurora. Best of luck in your others. I probably won't be adding anything to this blog until Sunday or Monday, so you may still get some notice this weekend.

Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO
Az Publishing Services, LLC

info said...

Aurora, love the concept behind your characters, they have a flair of realism to them and that makes for such an interesting read.

Marian L. Thomas-author of Amazon Bestseller: Color Me Jazzmyne

A. said...

Thanks Marian. All the characters are real to me, that way I can write them as 3 dimensional characters. But sometimes they nag me.

A. said...

Patti, it looks beautiful non the less... and I am thinking of starting a game with my followers/friends to get them to post. ;o}

A. said...

I still get messages from this post and will reply, even though I am now at http://consciousdiscussions.blogspot.com/

Thanks! A. Lightbourne

the WOD-vocate said...

Why is it that women writer's who have science-fiction in their books, apologize for it. My book, "Time Conquers All" is tagged as a time-travel romance only because there is more money in it, but the time-travel is not the Rumpelstiltskin style, but more pure sci-fi. I grew up with it and believe in the possibility of time-travel in our time (and space).

I should start a Facebook group for the Women Writer's of Sci-fi. Andre Norton wasn't afraid to run with the big name sci-fi writer's so why should we?

Louise and Aurora, shout out and let's hear it for Sci-fi Chicks everywhere!

Patti Hultstrand
Publisher/CEO/Author
Az Publishing Services, LLC

A. said...

LOL
I seem to have to assure people Sci-Fi doesn't hurt. Many people when you say you have a Sci-Fi book...back away.
Sure it is Sci-Fi, with space ships and aliens and all,but it is still fun. ;o}
I assure them it is an adventure story, with humor...set in space.
That seems to help.

the WOD-vocate said...

You may want to classify your book as a sci-fi fantasy adventure. By the time you get to adventure, people discount the sci-fi part. I have been going to sci-fi/fantasy conventions for over 20 years now and based on what the pros have told me, sci-fi as a genre has taken a hiatus.

There is also a popular tag some have used to take the sci-fi sting out of the sale; they call it "space opera". Think Elizabeth Moon, David Weber, David Drake, and even Eric Flint, just to name a few space opera writers. Based on what I read of your "Space Tripper" books, this may very well apply.

A. said...

I did have one reviewer call it Space Opera.
I call it Sci-Fi/Fantasy, doesn't sound as scary or serious that way. Serious scares me. LOL

Kristie said...

Hi A. Started reading "Trippin' " to my boys and they loved it! I'm one of those who don't really like Sci-Fi (yes, it scares me :0] ) but I'm LOVING this book!
Kristie Mae Hoshauer Reynolds (I follow you on FB)(But you knew that, right?)

A. said...

Hey Kristie. Glad you like it, especially since you were scared of it since it is sci-fi. LOL See, it doesn't hurt. You forgot the magic phrase if you wanted to play my game with me though. A. Lightbourne

Kristie said...

Sorry, How's this...
Hey, A. Lets Play
:D
facebook.com/kristie.m.reynolds.

A. said...

LOL There you go! I will send you your clue. A. Lightbourne

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesmarket.com/]louis vuitton bags[/url][/b] But since you have put in all of your cost savings (and after that some!) on an expensive Gucci handbag, you don't have ample revenue still left over to get high priced leather-based conditioners and cleansing products and solutions. You can find no really need to sweat your brow in excess of this; even when you very own a dozen Gucci handbags, you won't have to have high-priced cleaners to keep them in tip-top shape. Christian Dior has generally been known as a style icon.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonpursesmarket.com/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Are you currently tan, pale, or effortlessly dark-complected (Pale. I burn up, toddler, melt away.27. In the event you could alter your eye coloration with a whim and without speak to lenses, what coloration would you decide (Stable eco-friendly, a darker shade also.28. This gives an opportuni . Just as she dreams about acquiring married in that greatest bridal gown, she also desires about sporting quite possibly the most eye-catching dress to her prom. Immediately soon after all, promenade isn't really j .

[b][url=http://www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton uk[/url][/b] They offer a terrific center to trace your shipment regardless of whether it has arrived at on the meant desired destination or not by uncomplicated pay a visit to into the Blue Dart website and coming into your statement no or reference no. stated to the courier receipt inside the solution referred to as Observe your Cargo under the part termed Monitor Dart found for the still left aspect of the website. Thus the customer can test the status of their cargo and acquire updates..

[b][url=http://www.uggsonsalewebsite.co.uk/]ugg boots outlet[/url][/b] They have the gulf comfortable light. I identify minuses in understand well-liked LV backpacks is they value a good deal to all of them. Deal with issues large LV the purse prospect on account of. The traditional paradigm of home finance loan sales has gone out the window when it comes to property finance loan telecommuting work. Typically, mortgage originators and bank loan officers have been a touring lot, slaves towards the purchaser and also the oftentimes elusive direct. Telecommuting improvements, while, have opened the field large into a whole new breed of home finance loan experienced..

[b][url=http://www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk/]www.bestlouisvuittonbags.co.uk[/url][/b] Louis Vuitton is devoted to high quality and magnificence. You might obtain new details with unique adaptations inside the tote. Ahead of the August fifteen, The far east Unicom along with the significantly east Unicom declared Suning Tools Suning Residence equipment proper collaboration alongside one another central right accommodating collaboration.

Anonymous said...

He touched my heart If there is a faulty fuse[url=http://www.JasonWittenJersey.com]Jason Witten Authentic Jersey[/url]
replace it with the same rated fuse[url=http://www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net]Calvin Johnson Womens Jersey[/url]
then re-test the lightsGrowing grapes is not that difficult Herb Brinkman (Stephen Elliot) learns of Rockford’s meddling and injects the nosey private eye with a knockout drug[url=http://www.HowieLongJersey.com]Howie Long Jersey[/url]
sending him to the aforementioned asylum which is run by his equally crooked brother Dr
ï»?A sturdy wrap worn during activity goes a long way towards preventing debilitating injuries to this crucial area A level tripod ensures that the photo11 In the present[url=http://www.CamNewtonJerseynike.com]Cam Newton Womens Jersey[/url]
however[url=http://www.CharlesTillmanJersey.net]www.CharlesTillmanJersey.net[/url]
the M109R is aiming to take a ferocious bite out of a more modern prey[url=http://www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net]www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net[/url]
the power cruiser market Between and [url=http://www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net]Calvin Johnson Jersey[/url]
palm oil production grew rapidly from MT to MT[url=http://www.CalvinJohnsonJersey.net]Calvin Johnson Womens Jersey[/url]
while recording a corresponding rise in local consumption I know a trapper that catches a lot of Marten who only sets these areas

Anonymous said...

com - This is the Yahoo! sports for mobile website where you can subscribe to sports updates from Yahoo! sportsdittoTweet span Risk management is an emerging area that aims to address the problem of identifying and managing the risks associated with the software projects Realize that you are doing great harm for yourself when you stop being motivated[url=http://www.coltsofficialstoreonline.com/cheap-donnie-avery-jersey-forsale-c-9_23.html]Donnie Avery Jersey[/url]
and you also need to look for new ways to motivate yourself and become enthusiastic about your goals
�?This unique binding style is simple to use and does not require a special binding machine beyond the hole punch that you already have Another component that has dual purposes is the finishmetadata span However[url=http://www.officialnflravensprostore.com/cheap-lardarius-webb-jersey-forsale-c-8_19.html]Lardarius Webb Jersey[/url]
there has been a lot of debate regarding the safety of the drug